As most of you know, I always love to relate my posts to Disney in some shape or form! I couldn’t resist a pic with the Cars 3 photo opportunity at D23 Expo this year. So what better excuse to write a blog post on how you can take care of your car and save yourself from recovery costs?
It is so important to keep your car running smoothly. This will save you from breaking down and becoming stranded on the side of the road, harming others and yourself with dangerous driving and save you some money in the long run!
In Cars 3, you see that Lightning McQueen isn’t performing the way he use to. So here are a few of my tips on how to keep your cars performance up!
Here’s my little guide on how to keep your car running smoothly:
- Check your oil! This is a must do, especially before or after long journeys. You don’t want to end up having to pull over with warning symbols lighting up like a christmas tree! Dip the stick into the oil to check how much you need to top it up with and hey presto, you’re good to go!
- Tyres, without these how do you begin? Always try to get into a routine of checking your tyres air pressure. This is so important! Your tyres condition reflect on how your car will steer, brake and corner on the roads. You can always check these at the petrol stations where an air station is available! Your air pressure guidelines are usually on the inside of your door or in your handbook. Whilst you’re there at the tyres, you might as well check the tread to make sure you’re within the legal requirements!
- Top up the Screenwash! Do not forget to top this up every once in a while too. It is a requirement to have a working screen wash system! If you cannot spot the hazard, your reaction times are going to be seriously delayed! You can purchase this from car part stores and even larger supermarkets.
- Lights, lights and more lights. I cannot stress how important this is. This is probably the most important one for yourself and other people. You must have working indicators, brake lights, fog lights so that you can see and also others can see you safely too. If both lights are out, you will get pulled over and will not be able to drive your car home. (From personal experience in my friend’s car..)
- Wipe that dirt away! This is crucial, you should always replace your windscreen wipers at least once a year. This is an essential to be able to see properly through your windscreen. It can be extremely dangerous if you cannot see all of the hazards that might be ahead of you including pedestrians.
So what’s next on your to-do list?
A car servicing! If you are looking for a car servicing in Dundee, visit Fife Autocentre * where they will make sure your auto is up to scratch.
That’s that for my post, so what are you waiting for? Go and give your car some TLC!
Want to read more posts? Check out these: