So I had a nice surprise when I looked at my comments this morning, to see that my friend Rachael from rachwat had tagged me for the Beauty Blogger of the Month Award – so thank you very much!
If you also go to Cecilia’s post which is HERE, then you can read up on the rules and terms for the giveaway to win MAC’s Fix+! (You must leave a comment under the post to say that you have been nominated!).
1. Where does your makeup inspiration come from?
I use to have the children’s make up when I was younger, but I was never that skilled and wasn’t absorbed into the girly world then, as I was a nerdy child with an older brother! But, as I started to get older, I would read magazines and get given make up from family friends, so I sort of grew into it from there. I take my inspiration mainly from youtubers/bloggers, but I like to stick to a classic, simplistic look most of the time!
2. What are 3 of your makeup Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
– MAC’s paint pot in Painterly – this is incredible at keeping your eyeshadow in place, as I use to struggle with keeping it on before! This is also amazing as a base colour too, and they come in all different shades!
– This isn’t exactly a ‘makeup’ holy grail, but I find it essential when my skin gets dried out by my psoriasis. Origins ‘Drink Up Intensive’ Overnight Mask, is what I need to help keep the moisture in my skin and will prep my skin the night before for my make up in the morning!
– Seventeen’s Tattoo Me eyeliner – I really need liquid eyeliner anyway, as I feel that I look really weird without any on! But this eyeliner is incredible, I have even wrote a previous post on this eyeliner because it is THAT GOOD!
3. What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time?
Winged black eyeliner with a bold lip!
4. Let us know your favorite makeup brands?
MAC is definitely up there! I also have a huge love for Rimmel as they are amazing at drugstore finds!
5. Your ultimate makeup pet peeve?
When trying out your new eyeliner/mascara and it will decide to leave black smudges all over your eyelids
6. You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product!
I definitely did this with the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – luckily it was on offer at the time that I purchased it, but I think it is worth the price anyway as it lasts absolutely ages!
Also, La Roche Posay’s Effacular Duo – it’s incredible how much this actually helps my skin!
7. Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason!
I would definitely say concealer! – I don’t wear foundation as I simply can’t be bothered and it isn’t the best for my psoriasis! So I tend to apply concealer instead, to whatever amount I need! Seventeen’s ‘Lasting Perfection Concealer’ is a must have!
It’s time to pick my 7 nominees, here are some of the blogs that I adore browsing at for inspiration:
Rebecca from RebeccaCoco
Beth from BeautyInBeta
Emma from GirlWithMakeup
Rachel from PrettyPetticoats
Chelsea from ThroughChelseasEyes
Sinead from DaintyDollyMix
Chloe from ChloMelissa